It's time for SE to graduate from the Sandbox mode. Please add reasons for us to explore space and planets. Add generated bases/temples/derelict ships/etc.
How many times have you build the ship/base in Survival only to stop playing minutes later? Yeah. Same issue for all Early Access Sandbox games.
I think SE is better than that. I think SE deserves better than that.
What we need is reasons to use our creations besides smashing them into a nearest asteroid and then quit the game shortly after. We think game will grow exponentially as a product and experience if/when you add:
- Procedurally generated NPC bases.
- Derelict ships drifting in space/crashed on planets with rare resources in them.
- Ancient temples/strustures to explore with new dangerous enemies (even if they are just reskinned spiders at first).
- Some resemblance of lore - stories that can be read (maybe on LCDs/Prog Blocks) as you explore the bases/ships you've found.
- Factions - not all ships should be hostile, some should be trade ships or neutral bases. Faction system is already in the game, shouldn't be hard to generate NPC factions.
- Let planets generate automatically like asteroids. Give them a chance to be unique, with structures, or huge craters, or rich in a particular mineral.
Please make exploration a thing in the game. Many of us are running out of ideas to create our own stories in an empty sandbox. The feeling of not knowing what you can find on a planet or out in the open space cannot be underestimated.
shared this idea 17/08/17 20:42