The implementation of coloured signals could be very useful for the player. The player would be able to change the colour of their signals / GPS points in order to help organise assets. This would have to be client side so that enemy players cannot abuse the features and pretend to be friendly.
Just a few examples of what you could do with the signals:
- Much easier to differentiate.
- With the new parachute system, a supply drop could be a different colour, e.g. purple instead of blue or green.
- Easier to categorise things.
- Easier to read, rather than just a giant blue cluster in the sky.
- Different colour schemes for different bases, e.g. a base on the moon could have grey and blue signals.
- Colours are beautiful.